WMO Imam Gazzali College of Arts and Science Library is the soul of the institution and a true treasure house with abundant knowledge and wisdom. The library continues to fulfill its role as the heart of the college and acquires, processes, preserves and disseminates information to the user community.
- The Library and Information Centre consists a Reference Section, Circulation Section, Periodical Section.
- The library has automated all its library activities to provide effective and wide range of academic resources such as books, journals.
- Online databases with technological changes and is making greater use of emerging technologies such as KOHA, DSpace, INFLBNET- NLIST etc.
- The work the library undertakes contributes directly to the institution’s academic mission and to equipping students with the skills and knowledge they need to achieve academically and to maximize their employability.
- All students of the college are members of the library.
- Strict silence should be maintained in the library.
- Students are expected to make the maximum use of the library facilities provided in the college.
- Books, Umbrellas, note books and such other things should not be taken into the library. They may be kept in places provided for the purpose at the entrance. However each person may take one note book into the reading room for taking the notes.
- Students must examine the books given to them and report if they find them in a damaged condition before taking them from the library.
- Students are not allowed to pass books one another or to lend to any one in or out of the college. They will be held responsible for loss or damage to the book lent to them. The marking on books and spotting or injuring of binding or illustrations will be held to be serious offence
- Tearing of pictures or mutilation of news papers periodicals etc. will be considered as serious offence.
- The cost of books lost or damaged will be realised from the students concerned at the rate of three times the actual cost of the book or at the rate fixed by the Librarian.
- The loss of any book must be immediately reported.
- All books shall be returned to the library without fail three days before the close of each term.
- In case of necessity the librarian has the right to recall a book at 24 hours notice.
- Students are not allowed to move out periodicals from the library.
- Students who are properly dressed alone will be allowed to enter into the library.
- Student will be allowed to sit in library only for serious reading that too only during intervals and free periods.
- A fine of Rs. 1/- per day will be levied on each book that is retained beyond a fortnight.
- Normally, books will not be issued to non-members. In exceptional cases, the Principal grant permission to a non-member from neighboring community to use library or to borrow books on certain norms determined by Principal.
Working Hours: 9:00 am to 3.30 pm on all working days.
I firmly believe that a combination of my natural ability, personality and artistic work made me choose a profession like librarian. Being a librarian is not meant to be a custodian of books rather its a way to explore the world of art literature and indulge others to this knowledge sharing process. My experience gained an insight into the different levels of library management. I have been involved in coordination of people's library operations and customer/community service for five years. I possess a strong understanding of management, IT equipment and the day-to-day running of a library. I consistently believe in taking challenges and exploring new, ingenious concepts to improve library efficiency.I pride myself on my organizational and communication abilities and look forward to continuing my career as a Librarian.